Venus White is a take-home whitening kit for custom trays your dentist at Family Dental Care of Champaign creates for you. The whitening gel is available in concentrations of 16%, 22% and 35%. Your dentist will help you determine which concentration is best for you. The viscous whitening gel is mint flavored and contains potassium nitrate. For best results, Venus White should be used with the trays for up to 14 days.
The Venus White teeth whitening gel contains peroxide, which releases oxygen molecules to break up the chains of protein that comprise tooth stains. As a result, light travels through the dispersed protein links and makes the teeth look whiter.
The Venus White Process
- A gingival barrier is applied to the gums to protect from them from any sensitivity
- The teeth are painted with the Venus White whitening gel
- Whitening molecules attach to the surface of each tooth, dissolving and lifting any stains
- The teeth are rinsed and dried
- Gingival barrier is removed
This process is repeated in three or four 15-minute intervals, totaling a visit of about 60 minutes.
Let us help you achieve a whiter smile. Call Family Dental Care of Champaign at 217-359-8697 to schedule an appointment.